Our 2012 strategic plan, For College and for Life, was the impetus for the creation of our campus plan. During a three-year process, our Campus Planning Committee brought together perspectives from across the Westminster community—faculty and staff, students, parents, administrators, alumni, trustees, and experts from a variety of industries.
Key themes that emerged during this planning process are guiding our approach to campus revitalization:
- We are committed to expressing our founding values in our community and through our campus.
- We will deepen the impact of Westminster's unique student experience.
- We will build community and foster connection.
- We will learn in transparent and flexible settings designed to serve as catalysts for an engaging academic program.
- We will serve Atlanta and develop leaders of conscience for our city, nation, and world.
- Summer 2016: Campus planning complete
- Fall 2016: Community focus groups and feedback sessions
- January 2017: Board approves campus framework
- Fall 2017: Ennead Architects retained; phasing and programming refined
- October 2017: President Evans leads parent and student information sessions to share key themes from approved Campus Plan
- November 2017: Fall issue of Westminster Magazine outlines campus plan framework and key themes
- September 2018: Board approves site and construction plans
- Winter 2018/Spring 2019: Design development concludes; continued feedback from community and friends
- March 2019: President Evans shares details of the first phase of construction projects with faculty and staff
- April 2019: President Evans shares details of the first phase of construction projects with parents and Upper School students
- April 2019: Spring issue Westminster Magazine outlines details of the campus plan and the first phase of building projects
- Spring 2019: Construction begins