Given the time frame, this process will not impact afternoon carpool but we want to ensure that our community is aware. If you are coming to campus between 1:55 and 2:05 p.m., we encourage you to enter and exit through the back gate at West Wesley Road to avoid being stopped near the demolition site for several minutes.
The safety of our community remains our utmost priority. The demolition activity is within the fenced construction site and not in proximity to instructional areas. We are grateful for your continued patience and support during this process and look forward to sharing more updates on our progress in the weeks to come. Below are important details to keep in mind as you make carpool arrangements for the remainder of the semester.
- Access to Adams Gate from the loop road will be closed.
- Upper School student drop-off will be relocated to Turner Gym.
- The new Middle School road will convert to two-way traffic. Middle School parents are highly encouraged to drop off and pick up at the “Upper Clarkson Circle” and enter and exit campus from the front gate at West Paces Ferry Road as traffic congestion is expected near the back gate. Using the front gate will allow the quickest access to the Middle School road, enabling parents to bypass traffic at Upper and Lower School drop-off and pick-up points.
- Lower School drop-off and pick-up will remain the same. The 7:20 a.m. morning drop-off extension will continue to be offered and is encouraged to help reduce traffic congestion at the back gate.
- A new gravel lot adjacent to Turner Gym (between Turner and Campbell) will be open to accommodate faculty, staff, and visitors who historically parked in the former Senior and Visitor Lots. This lot will be accessed from behind Turner Gym; pedestrians will utilize the existing walkway at Turner to access the quad.
- Limited visitor parking will be available along the new Middle School road.
- There will be no change to Lower School parking.
- The spaces bordering Clarkson Hall will remain available.
How You Can Help
- Arrange to carpool with other Westminster families to lessen the car count on campus.
- Make a plan with your child(ren), identifying the most efficient pick-up location and schedule after school.
- Utilize the early drop-off time period in Lower School. We hope you have noticed the difference this schedule extension has made in traffic congestion around Love Hall, and we are pleased to continue this for the remainder of the school year!
- When dropping off, help your children be ready to exit the car with all their belongings in hand. This is hugely helpful in keeping the car line moving.