The Westminster Middle School swimming and diving team won the 40th annual War Eagle Middle School Championships on Saturday, December 14.
The Wildcats finished with 538 points and bested 32 area teams to clinch the championship, held at the Marist School. The girls team placed first and the boys finished in sixth, respectively.
Along with the championship, six new all-time Middle School records were broken at the meet.
The team of Caroline Anderson '25, Mary Katherine Boller '24, Katie Christopherson '24, and Sadie Clayton '24 set a new meet and school record of 1:53.25 in the girls 200-meter medley relay. The previous meet record was set in 2004.
Other season records set by swimmers include:
- Ella Anthony '25 broke the diving record with a score of 222.30
- Sadie Clayton broke the 200m free record with a time of 1:56.97
- Sadie also broke the 50m free record with a time of 24.80
- Katie Christopheron broke the 200m IM record with a time of 2:10.05
- Katie also broke the 100m breaststroke record with a time 1:06.53.