The varsity swimming and diving teams dominated the 50th annual Metro Swim Meet, winning both the boys and girls titles.
The meet—held at the School's Pete Higgins Pool—featured dozens of area schools. The boys team earned 302 points, which was more than 150 points ahead of second-place Marist School. The girls team earned 277 points to also best runner-up Marist by more than 150 points.
The boys swim team had nine top three finishers:
- 200 Yard Medley Relay: First Place—Mile Clayton '22, Saavan Shah '22, Daniel Barra '20, and Huntington Stone '20
- 200 Yard Individual Medley: First Place—Saavan Shah '22, Second Place—William Bollwerk '22
- 50 Yard Freestyle: First Place (and All-American Consideration)—Connor Hinkes '20, Third Place—Huntington Stone '20
- 100 Yard Butterfly: First Place—Daniel Barra '20, Third Place—Zachary Walpole '21
- 100 Yard Freestyle: First Place—Connor Hinkes '20, Third Place—Peter Bernot '20
- 200 Yard Freestyle Relay: First Place—Saavan Shah '22, Toby Liu '22, Huntington Stone '20, and Connor Hinkes '20
- 100 Yard Backstroke: Second Place—Huntington Stone '20
- 100 Yard Breaststroke: First Place—Saavan Shah '22, Third Place—Colin Gibney '22
- 400 Yard Freestyle Replay: First Place—Peter Bernot '20, Miles Clayton '22, Daniel Barra '20, and Connor Hinkes '20
The girls swim team had ten top three finishers:
- 200 Yard Medley Relay: First Place—Virginia Hatcher '21, Janine Horst '23, Mary Claire Anderson '22, and Genae Horst '23
- 200 Yard Freestyle: First Place—Annie Jardina '22
- 200 Yard Individual Medley: First Place—Mary Claire Anderson '22, Second Place—Amy Zhao '21
- 50 Yard Freestyle: First Place—Genae Horst '23, Second Place—Janine Horst '23
- 100 Yard Butterfly: First Place—Amy Zhao '21
- 100 Yard Freestyle: First Place—Annie Jardina '22
- 500 Yard Freestyle: Third Place—Sophie Anderson '22
- 200 Yard Freestyle Relay: First Place—Amy Zhao '21, Genae Horst '23, Janine Horst '23, Annie Jardina '22
- 100 Yard Breaststroke: First Place—Mary Claire Anderson '22
- 400 Yard Freestyle Relay: First Place—Amy Zhao '21, Sophie Anderson '22, Mary Claire Anderson '22, and Annie Jardina '22
In the diving competition, the girls team was led by four divers in the top ten: Caroline Blankenbecler '22 (fourth), Emme Payne '21 (fifth), Tori Penn '20 (eighth), and Alexandra Irwin '23 (tenth). On the boys team, two Wildcat divers placed in the top ten: Alex York '20 (fourth) and Max Graves '20 (tenth).
A number of Wildcat swimmers qualified for the state championship swim meet, to be held at Georgia Tech starting Thursday, February 6. For full Metro Meet results and to see all those who qualified for the state meet, click here.