See you soon, Class of '89!
Believe it or not, it's been 30 years (!!) since we said goodbye to Sweet Child O' Mine in the senior lounge, George H. W. Bush in the news, acid wash and Cosby sweaters on our fashion do's and and don't's, and of course, teachers and friends whose influence have lasted a lifetime. Whether you spent your Westminster days acing exams, scoring goals, hitting high notes, or all the above, we hope you will join us for this year's Reunion Weekend on April 26-27 in Atlanta to celebrate the School and each other, all again.
See below for a schedule of our class's off-campus reunion events and RSVP details. These events require a separate RSVP from Friday's on-campus Kick-off BBQ.
Friday Class Activities
Location: Home of Millar Effinger Freeman
Time: 11:00 a.m. — 1:00 p.m.
Payment: Please RSVP by submitting payment to Millar
Time: 3:30 — 5:30 p.m.
Please contact Robert Rearden for more information.
Saturday Night Class Party Details
Location: Nowak's Restaurant
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Date: April 27, 2019
Payment and RSVP: Confirm your attendance via payment by April 12
Plenty of street parking will be available in front of Nowak's (but do not park in front of Alons Bakery—they will tow!). Uber or Lyft encouraged.
Questions? Contact Beth Rubenstein Nowak
- Girls' Luncheon 11:00 a.m. — 1:00 p.m.
- Guys' Outing 3:30 — 5:30 p.m.
- Alumni Leadership Giving Reception 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. (By invitation only)
- Memorial Gathering 6:30 p.m.
- Kick-Off Celebration 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. (Adults only)
- Reunion Camp 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. (Ages 4-11)
- 30th Reunion Class Photo 8:15 p.m.
Home of Millar Effinger Freeman
Payment and RSVP: Please confirm your attendance via payment
Check: Please contact Millar if you would like to pay by check
President’s Home, Westminster
Please join President Keith Evans for a reception honoring our Reunion Westminster Fund leadership level donors and Young Alumni Pressly Society donors.*
*Click here for more information about our giving levels.
All reunion classes and Atlanta-area alumni are invited for a casual dinner to kick off Reunion Weekend. We will serve alcoholic beverages, so this event is for adults only (please see below for Reunion Camp information). Love Patio is located on campus between Scott Hall and Broyles Arts Center.
- Presentation: The Future of Westminster's Campus 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Campus Tour 11:00 a.m.
- Gardening Activity 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Grab 'n Go Picnic Lunch 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Student Art Exhibit 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Open Gym Facilities Noon – 2:00 p.m.
- Men's and Women's A Cappella Performance 12:15 p.m.
Class of '89 Committee
Carol Clary Holmes (Event Co-Chair)
Beth Rubenstein Nowak (Event Co-Chair)
Millar Effinger Freeman (Fundraising Co-Chair)
Robert Rearden (Fundraising Co-Chair)
Melissa Tarkenton Allen
Meredith Martini Hoban
Laura Brasington Hughen
Nancy Pless Line
Julie Kruger McNulty
Kristen Adams Smith